Memories of 2005
In 2-half weeks from now, the year of 2005 folds into a part of history. I was running thru the photos in my laptop and it was a rather pleasant journey of reflection for me. This year, like others has been an eventful one. There were several tough lessons I learnt, all significant in their own way, forming part of my experiences that mould me into the person that I am.
Jus some of the bigger things that just can't go unnoticed:
1. My first gig! (organizing that is)
Yes, got to be part of the Stick and Run Collective, held a fab gig at the jamming joint, Velvet Joint. Swell. Me got emopunk, screamo, hardcore kids as friends now! *beams*
2. Playing in SMU's Symphonia concert
Ahh..what an experience. I pulled it off! Fun stuff. Reviving the musician in me was fun. But I do acknowledge that its wearing off slowly..my musical experiences are more audible in nature than in practise.
3. Getting into Financial Services
It was definitely a worthwhile experience. Now that I'm searching for a job, I know what its like dabbling in the finance world. Also realised it ain't my cup of tea. Blessing in disguise? Maybe.
4. Pai Bangkok!
My first overseas escapade with friends. It was so fun. Jus regret not getting the dreads on Khao San Road when I had the chance to. Oh well.
The Graduation!
Officially I've become a graduate after 16 long years of education. Phew!
On a more serious level,
5. Motherhood.
Undoubtedly this is a year of babies. I'm not talkin just about my cute nephew Isaac, but also of the lil kittens I had. Watching them grow from day 1 till the day I had to give them away, I kinda got a feel of what it was like having something to care for and love for unconditionally. In retrospect, buying kitty food when I was down to my last few dollars, cleaning up their poo even when I was too tired too care - I'm glad I did all that. I never really got over them, till this day I believe. Sometimes when I look at their pics of them and their mom I still well up in tears. I guess I learnt another form of love this year. It is a very very special one indeed, one where only you can experience and feel on your own.
6. Making sacrifices
For instance giving my cats away was a big sacrifice for me.I kept asking why, and looking back, again I realise that some things that really matter to you are worth the sacrifices you make. The biggest lesson I learnt was that if something really matters to you, you'd know simply cause they form part of the decision-making process u make, and somehow, they take precedence over many other things that lay in front of you.
7. Family and Friends
Like any other year, there is also something new happening in this arena, and this year has been no different. In any case,I really treasure the moments with my family in times of hardship and pain, laughter and tears. I also learnt that your family needn't be a person related by blood.Your family can be an extended one, where love is backed by sincerity and is unconditional.
Even for my skoolmates, I treasure each and every moment we shared as friends..be it slacking in the library together, having chats about what lies in the future in our lives, be it the momentary dozing off in the library with the laptops in our laps, cramming for the exams together, spending dinners and late revisions together in the cold rainy weather, it was all perfect memories I would keep in my treasure trove of life. And I wanna thank all of u for the love we shared.
Just to wrap things up, 2005 has been a great year for me. Spread the love around, and as we pursue the path of life, achieving to become who we are meant to be, my lil wish for the years to come is that we treasure life itself and cherish each day as it comes. Life is indeed a blessing in itself.