updates
a boring title but hopefully not an equally boring post.
Sunday was fun...i headed down to Esplanade wit Shera and her fren Ashley to catch some ska...the crowd was ok...but i expected better...i mean seriously, ska gigs ain't fun w/o any skanking. and sadly, not many were skanking...only a few die-hard fans when Gerhana SkaCinta from Malaysia was performing..they're a v. popular ska band wit huge followings here and elsewhere, but figured they were classic ska band, a bit tame and all. Then Heritage came on...Man those guys rock. Never underestimate musicians who dress poorly or don't look young, cool or in enough. Cos damn, they rocked during their set..playing tunes and melodies from all over the world, with a Chinese flute and killer rock riffs. U feel like u travelled the world listening to them..at least that was how i felt.And knowin Shera and Ashley were there enjoying it was pretty cool too..thanks guys for the company..
We grabbed some ice cream and corn b4 the USV set came on....I was like getting so psyched up...the band came on, played the intro, and two songs...and then it came..THE RAIN. Boo hoo hoo. They cancelled their set shortly after...and I was pretty disappointed..cos man, it was the guys up there..and knowing that they practised and rehearsed hard enough for the inaugural Esplanade performance, the rain stopped them from doin it. Maybe not that day, He above knows best, ya?
Some time fellas, u be playing there again..i'll be supporting and cheerin u on!!
SO that was the sunday, i trotted home shortly after and slept for the work week.
............
Today, we had a pretty boring day at work cos the tax returns weren't coming in as fast as we wished they would...I heard of some gal promoting blood donations...and then i realised there was some mobile donation drive goin on...i made my way there...started to feel nervous, teeth chattering and all..took the blood test, med check up, and plonked into the seat. Man, its my 2nd/3rd time, and im still so nervous! They poked me and then the maroon velvety blood came runnin thru the plastic pipe...into a bag. I almost fainted. My heart beat faster, head was spinning a bit...and i started coughing. And mind u, the cough ain't no normal cough..it was one of my...'Ok-im-pumping-the-treadmill-too-fast-gotta-slow-down' kinda cough whenever my body feels overwhelmed..
2/3 minutes into it i was trying hard to overcome that quesiness..The nurse came up and asked how it was goin and i said that i was feeling dizzy...w/o any delay they stopped my blood flow and reclined the chair backwards so the blood would flow up to my brains. Overall it wasn't too bad, I wished I could've given more blood...instead of that half pack of Lyn's plasma. Well, better than nothing,right?
In any case today re-affirmed why I never got to take Bio in any course of my education cos damn, I can't see no blood man. It makes me quesy. I hope that I'll donate blood again one day soon..w/o the drama..no more drama! :D God-willing.
SO im home after work now, in my room taking time out..procrastinating dinner after downing the iron tablet they gave. I miss times like these when im alone with my thoughts, indifferent to the telly which is showing channel 5 shows. Its always nice to self-reflect, aint it?
P.s Shout out to eka in Jogjakarta (i think)...don't think he ever reads my blog but we sms'ed yesterday after I listened to our fav song..my thoughts are with u dear eka. Yes, maybe one day we'll listen to the song together again just as we did two years ago. Thanks for being one of the angels in my life during those stormy times.. :D
And to my dearest other half readin this, keep ur head up high, get those jobs done, we'll party hard soon! its mid-week tmw..weekends ard the corner again.. Love u lots baby, missin u a whole lot more.. ;)