It has been said that dreams are often reflective of your most innermost thoughts and the very core of your being.
For the last 2 nights I had dreamt of snakes. Yes, snakes. Reptiles which I can hardly count as one of my favourite animals.
In the past, I would wake up feeling disturbed after a 'snake dream', but the effects this time round was slightly different. I remember feeling slightly uncomfortable, but I didn't feel like running away, or anything. The images just ran through me, and I was looking into it straight in the eye.
I was looking up what dreams of snakes meant, and I choose to believe that it bids well for me, given this period of self-development and a heightened awareness of who I truly am. I got this excerpt below from the intepretation of a similar dream like mine at 'Ask the DreamDoctor':
===
In modern dream interpretation, snakes are viewed as symbols of change - in addition to being representative of sexual energy and “the vital force.” Snakes are viewed as symbols of change because they shed their skins. Continuing on this theme, snakes also are seen as symbols of metamorphosis and transition - including life and death - because they shed the old and put on the new.
The central theme of your dream is transformation. The electrical charges can be interpreted as the beginning risings of the Kundalini or vital force within you.(...)
Your dream suggests that a period of growth and change - represented by the snakes - is upon you. It is natural to fear and resist change initially - as represented by your running from the snakes - but it also is important to recognize change as a natural, everyday part of living. The arrival of snakes in our dreams are signs that we need to prepare ourselves mentally and emotionally for a new period of growth and development.
===