Well for lack of a better title, it really is my 276th post on this blog :)
Anyway, I discovered Wheels 101 (a.k.a Spinning/stationary bike) class at the virgin trip to California Firness gym yesterday. It was exhilarating! Lil did I know that cycling on a stationery bike could offer so much for the mental and physical. As the techno music was playing on, our instructor Chris was encouraging us to 'turn up the resistance' and 'keep your pace' and imagine 'there is no where else you would like to be on but this bike' and 'believe in taking it to the finishing line'. It was a good 1-hr ride, but not all painless as the odd seat does leave you sore if you aren't accustomed to it.
When I reached home, all I could do was lay flat from the 1 hr of cycling. It happened today too, and I was feeling a bit sore at the legs and hips. Apparently, like Chris warned us, it was the rite of passage for new spinners. And a colleague told me that 10 mins of spinning was equivalent to *gasp* 1 hr of running! Hard to believe, but it definitely left me more tired than the usual jog routine.
On a more general note, things are pretty ok. Work's getting busy as always, and I take it as a learning opportunity each and every day. Am pretty much settling in the environment, meeting new colleagues and all.
Maybe what peeved me most today was not being able to find where I last put the Berocca Vitamin C efferverscent tablets i bought. It was a 3-in-a-pack offer, and I only used 1 tube :(
Blah. Need to go thru the stuff once again, after the big clean-up few weeks back. It seems like there is limited capacity on my RAM, always forgetting things that took place not too long back.
Well, one has to 'make space' (even mentally) for new things, no?
Ok, off too bed now, night!