Time

It is a peaceful Saturday afternoon, and the December vibe fills the air with weddings, oncoming Christmas celebrations and a countdown to the New Year. Its a time of reflection, thoughtful recollection and thankfulness for the year that is about to end. All 365 days of 2008.

Not many days are like these. On most other weekends we find ourselves running errands and doing things left undone from the hectic weekdays. In fact, I was pretty occupied with many unexpected surprises, challenges, meet-ups, parties and such over the last 2 weeks. That explains the relatively quiet weekend I find myself secretly seeking refuge in.

Today is just perfect. A great afternoon just meant for me, myself and I. (Well, the hubbby looks contented watching his movies on his Mac while I'm typing this out and watching Amy Winehouse's Live in London.) Times like these let me get back on track, re-evaluate my priorities and take stock of things.

I haven't felt so peaceful in quite a bit. After battles fought, the dust has settled and wounds have been healed. I'm simply soaking in every moment of... now. It feels a bit like this..utter bliss, a time for everything.


Cheers, everyone! Have a fantastic weekend!