Happy Holidays??
Happy Chinese New Year!! It was a rather frutiful one this year, cos it was the first time I went over to exchange oranges and visit my bachelor's den. And yes, get that crispy red hongbao. Lovely!
Was checking my email when I realised(or reminded, rather) myself of how over-rated holidays are becoming. After Hari Raya, I think Singaporeans never reallys topped partying, eh? After that came X'mas, then New Year's, and now Chinese new year. I guess the straw which broke (my) back was the recent spam of 'Are you in love' and 'Cheap V-Day's gift!' emails. Of course, such occasions are fantastic opportunities to grab a breather and celebrate with loved ones, but seriously, do I really need to be reminded to get a cookie and show some love to my other half?
I think everyday should be V-Day. Not just some cheesy economic opportunity to make heaps selling roses and baking some trays of over-priced brownies.
(At this juncture, I'm thinking maybe selling over-priced brownies may not be too bad an idea after all, eh? Free time + being broke = toying with entrepreneurship!!!)
Pass the eggs and flour, someone!!!