the first week

2007's been treating me good so far..




Caught up with the skanky wankies band boys..only to find a new year prezzie from Man..a brand new Yamaha Trumpet!!!! *gasps*

Jamming with them in about 2-3 hours time..just open to new sounds..hope it goes well later.


Work's alright. Can't complain much, everyone's gathering their momentum i guess.


Went to catch Blood Diamond last night.



Can I just say that Leo DiCaprio is amazing. Brilliant!! Loved that accent. As always, i teared. (what's new right?) More interestingly, the movie had a nice documentary element to it. The Kimberly Process, which controls the movement of diamond exports was the educational aspect of it, (of which is administered by Customs Administrations worldwide) and i totally dig the part where they reinforced at the end that 'It is up to consumers to ensure that diamonds bought are conflict free'. Responsible/ethical consumerism, I'd say. If you have the time for a movie, go watch/rent the movie. Amazing!!!


Flamenco was also held last afternoon..nice!! The teacher was showing some of the stuff we're expected to do at the end of 6 weeks..and golly, if I can do what she did in those few minutes, with perfect swivels of the wrists and passionate yet elegant moves of the body, I'd be pleasantly surprised. We'll see about that, eh.


Learning arab has grown more demanding over the last few days. Am trying to keep up with the written exercises, and its no joke, really. But when there's a will, there's a way. *beams*


In short, my first week of 2007 is full of surprises and pleasantries. Over the next few weeks, it's gonna get more hyped-up and exhausting, to say the least. But I'm looking up, no less.


Cheers!~