For lack of a better title, I named this post after my breakfast.
Anyway, the modem will be arriving tonight, if Singpost doesn't mess up the deliveries. I'm at NLB along Bras Basah, waiting for lunch where we'll be meeting up with a friend on some housing options. How exciting is that! Yup, finally gonna do it and get us our pad.
I was toying with the idea of a cosy 3-rm where we can do lots of retro fun stuff within the tiny area but I guess in the long term, a 4-rm would be better (plus of course, the exposure and surrounding environment would be more encouraging, no?)
Unfortunately the house prices are pretty much on the high side given the property boom over 2007. I think we'll see a downward trend soon enough, question is whether it'll come fast enough when we see a flat we like.
In any case, moving out must be one of the biggest adult decisions I had to make in my life. I mean, getting married was a given (and fun actually), working is just part of personal development. But moving out is like flying away from the nest. No more communal living with the family, sharing your printer, quabbling over laundry, buying food 'just in case'. It'll be totally different, like, having to buy every single damn thing on your own, cooking enough just for 2 so you won't have too much extras, and the dreaded laundry (I mean, I do our laundry, just that currently we use a dryer. To cut cost, I think I must get used to using those pole things.) Poo.
Ah well. Just another step to make I guess.
On the job front, I'm awaiting some good news, got a feel I'm getting closer. I really hope something comes soon, so we can get some moolah in for the housing plans.
Like what a good friend said, 'Good things are worth the wait.'
I sure hope so. :D
Bangkok this weekend, and I'm excited! We're staying near the ghetto Khao San area where backpackers unite, and the stuff is cheap. Chatuchak market is our main target though. Yay! Will upload pics when I get back :D
Take care everyone! <3