Saturday night live

Its 3am and I'm still up. We actually got back from visiting family earlier in the day, and headed for a typical 'date' in town, just like the good ol' courting days. A movie, a trip to HMV and Borders, and late night suppers. Yup, that was the weekend date routine for a while before we got hitched. It's nice to do this routine after spending weekends at home ever since.

These are the things we bought/watched/read:

CDs

He bought:


















Another unknown band to me (as always)














A DVD on some really weird band. What can I say, he's got a..unique taste in music.

I bought:
















The beautiful Leona Lewis - she is Alicia Keys-meets-Christina Aguilera kinda hot!

















I can't believe it took me so long to get this album. It was on sale, so maybe that's why.

p.s. Maya - in the end I didn't get Mariah's new one. Agree - Emancipation of Mimi was more..Mariah! E=MC2 is way too hiphop (read:cool) for me!
Note to self: evolving music taste resurfaces yet again..man I'm getting old.

We watched:

















This movie rocks cos the pair and their crazy antics just does. Like totally. A 'leave the brains at the door' kinda movie which made us laugh our hearts out.

We read:
Lots and lots and lots of magazines at Borders. I read an article in music mag Blender, about Alicia Keys cracking up and getting so frustrated with the 'walls she built around herself' from the superficial music industry, that she escaped and headed all the way to Egypt to 'find herself', swim in the Red Sea (or was it River Niles?) and yelp on top of the Pyramids. Who said artistes were spared from the occasional soul-searching, 'evaluate myself' phase?

We ate:
Dad-in-law's home-made burgers, and if that wasn't enough, a Big Mac from MacD's for supper. Read: unhealthy stuff.

In all, this was a swell weekend already. Good stuff.
And I'm not even sleepy yet! I've still got Madonna's tunes to listen to..laters!