We applied for the recent Punggol Build To Order Flats..and was doing some Google on Punggol Sapphire.
Apparently, what has been on my mind is pretty much what every other engaged/married Singaporean woman is thinking - 'Will I get a good number so I can choose a great flat' or 'What if we get a crappy no. and only have one more precious chance as first-timer applicants for BTO' and most importantly 'How long do I have to wait..do we have enough savings for the house' etc etc.
Getting a pad of your own in Singapore is harder than it seems, especially in today's context where property market is still hot. Sometimes I wonder if the flats are deliberately kept high so that young couples and families have to stay with their parents first before moving out. Hahaha..conspiracy theories galore.
In any case, reality is starting to hit really hard and sometimes when I look back and think of the rosy idealistic thoughts and dreams I had (well it wasn't exactly picket-fences-picture-perfect, but you get my drift), I can't help but say to myself, 'What were you thinking?!' accompanied by a cynical smirk and a sigh.
I wonder if I have any ideals left in me. I sure hope I do. At least, a glimmer of hope and faith that things will work out eventually.