sexed in the city

Had a crazy weekend.

The other half caught a really bad cold, and we started the weekend with jamming on Friday. The guys are playing at a wedding this coming week. After that on Saturday, we hung out in the heartlands, over pandan waffles and teh. Went home to do a bit of work (yup, work has officially streamed in) and caught movies on ch5.

Sunday saw us rushing to 2 weddings, Hanis's and Farid's. Met his army pal for the first time ever, and we hung out at our place. Got restless and booked Sex and the City @ Downtown East Cathay. (Now that a cinema is just 15 mins away, I foresee lotsa late night movies coming!)

Anyway, getting to the real subject in hand - Sex and the City was amazing! ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! It took me back to Uni days of catching the precious episodes online..how I love the cast. Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha did not disappoint. It is the ultimate girl-friend movie, one which makes us still believe that friendship conquers all - heartbreaks, cancer, kids, etc etc.


Most importantly, the show tugged my heartstrings cos looking at Sarah Jessica Parker was an inspiration. I mean, the actress started out really bad, like B-grade movies and all..and look at her now. Simply the best. She, and the other 3 gorgeous women of 40-s are an inspiration because they made me believe in myself, that all we can do is try our best, and keep giving it the best that we have.

Years will pass, people will fade into life's shadows and the wrinkles will come - but what we have is a mighty spirit and a whole lot of wisdom. Its that strength of character that really amazes me..that after the ups and downs one will eventually become stronger and wiser.

After watching the movie, I actually felt that there wasn't a need to fear anything at all, cos life will take place, and instead of fearing the next big thing, my next mistake and life's next blip, I can just let go and simply live.

I will not stop myself from becoming who I truly am, and who I can really be..with pitfalls, treasures and cellulite included.

Go watch the movie!!!!