I had an amazing weekend..started with Fullerton on Friday. We took leave to spend some time together, and altho it was meant to be a surprise, he couldn't hide it from me anyways! It was lovely, getting to appreciate the finer things in life..felt really blessed for the experience.
Had a four-course meal in the balcony of our room, which faces the Singapore River and Esplanade..they were testing out the sound system for Nat'l Day so we heard like Nat'l Day songs while eating our steaks..how romantic right? But the skyline and view was absolutely gorgeous! We caught the Dark Knight at midnight, it was brilliant, except that it was too much to digest in that 2-3 hr span. But Heath Ledger's freaky Joker character really was his masterpiece. Beautiful performance!
On Saturday, after checking out from our Fullerton stay, we headed home to catch some rest b4 the BBQ started. I planned the Birthday BBQ for him, since it was his big 3-0, thot it was smthg special if we can invite the closest ppl for a small gathering. It was raining and drizzling off and on, but we got the fire going, and by 9-10pm, the party got riled up (parents and parents-in-law included) and it was fun!
But when we got back, I felt this itchy-scratchy throat getting warmed up for some infection. True enough, headed for the doc's last evening for some meds. After getting lots of shut-eye, felt much better. Must be the exhaustion from running all over the place, plus me getting in the rain during the BBQ.
Anyway, the weekend was such a blast that when it was all over I felt a bit depressed, having to get back to reality. But I guess there'll be many more such wonderful moments to look forward to, spending time with family and friends, so all's good.
Each day as it comes, right? :)
Pics later, promise!