And so the topic on my mind of late is how fast time just passed us by, with 2010 peeking round the corner now.
Few years back, or perhaps earlier when I was still a student, i used to think 2010 would be so futuristic. You know, metalic space suits, flying cars, really cool stuff? Alas, 3 months to the new decade and us humans didn't catch up in time. But of course, its just a matter of time before all of that happens. I get so thrilled watching the computers they use in CSI Miami, those transparent screens which show images on a touch screen interface. Super cool!
Anyway, the last few weeks were spent at Hari Raya festivities and the F1 rocks concert. I attended 2 out of the 3 music festival days, with No Doubt and NERD on the first, followed by Beyonce and BEP on the second. Great partying! Lola Maya and Lady K were there partying with me at Beyonce, since the other half found that Beyonce and BEP was 'not his thing'. He did ask me for a close-up of Beyonce's butt though. Too bad I couldn't get a shot of that, cos we were standing quite far from the fully packed Fort Canning Park. Anyway I think the F1 event did some good in putting SG on the world map. I heard an American fella talking over the phone (presumably to his friend in the States), saying that he (sic) 'was in Singapore and no, its not part of China. Us Americans know our Geography well, huh!' he chided. I smirked. :p
I have been doing some thinking as well; a reality check, if you will. Knowing oneself really is one of the hardest things to do, isn't it? I end my thoughts with a 'go-with-the-flow' attitude on some days, and on others, with highs or lows. I guess I'll keep on trying, and keep on finding what it is that I'm meant to do.
I'll end with a quote from Paulo Coelho's masterpiece, 'Warrior of the Light: A Manual'
"Warriors of light always have a certain gleam in their eyes.
They are of this world, they are part of the lives of others, and they set out on their journey with no saddlebags and no sandals. They are often cowardly. They do not always make the right decisions.
They suffer over the most trivial things, they have mean thoughts, and sometimes believe that they are incapable of growing. They frequently deem themselves unworthy of any blessing or miracle.
They are not always quite sure what they are doing here. They spend many sleepless nights, believing that their lives have no meaning.
That is why they are warriors of light. Because they make mistakes. Because they ask themselves questions. Because they are looking for a reason - and are sure to find it."
— Paulo Coelho
Afternote: I felt the tremors in office yesterday and today, following the Sumatra earthquakes. Felt giddy and pretty scared! Imagine what those really affected are feeling. My prayers with our Indonesian brothers and sisters. May God bless and protect them.