I had a thought today - if I consciously thought of 1 thing to do better tomorrow, as a step towards achieving my personal/professional goals, in 1 year I would have thought of 365 ways of getting closer to my goals.
The thing is, I haven't figured out the big strategy yet.
I guess we all do it on a daily basis - meet friends to fulfil emotional goals, avoid a shopping spree to meet financial goals, etc. Its a tad bit harder to do it on a professional level. I'm not sure how many of you do this, but I'm sure if there was a professional-achievement strategy to attain, one would actually be ambitious enough to want to pursue it.
Not me, however. Not yet. I kinda realised this when we were going thru our work review sessions. My plan? No plan.
It seems oddly familiar, and I must've said this before in previous posts, but its getting more and more apparent to me that having a plan is important. It gives you focus and clarity. While we all struggle and cope with the daily operational stuff, I'm sure we've heard of getting 'visible' and working smart by 'doing the least to achieve the most'. After all, no one likes to be inefficient, it makes people and organisations unmotivated.
I need a plan, pronto. I need to figure where I want to go and who I want to be. And start living tomorrow without thinking its just another day, another month, another paycheck.
I'm hungry for action. Its time.